John Wiley & Sons Inc., a global leader in research and education, today announced the debut of KnowItAll 2020, following the company’s acquisition of the informatics KnowItAll spectroscopy software and spectral databases in April. KnowItAll 2020 features a new streamlined interface and tools to accelerate the spectral analysis of unknown compounds–plus new tools specifically designed for drug classification using infrared analysis.
“Coupled with over 2 million high-quality reference spectra, KnowItAll 2020 enhances Wiley Science Solutions – providing an integrated, one-stop solution for spectral identification and data management,” said Jay Flynn, Senior Vice President and Chief Product Officer, Research at Wiley. “We’re always looking for innovative solutions for researchers; and with KnowItAll’s simpler, more intuitive interface, and a new model derived from machine learning for spectral identification, researchers will be able to make faster and more accurate analyses.”
Wiley is quickening the pace of research and discovery through its investment in technology-based solutions like KnowItAll 2020 that provide invaluable interpretation tools for researchers, who are enhancing productivity and making an impact in many application areas such as environmental, forensics, polymer and pharmaceutical laboratories.
KnowItAll 2020 highlights also include:
- Simplified Interface to streamline workflow for spectral search – KnowItAll’s new interface clearly defines the parameters the user may choose for their search on a single screen in a much more intuitive and logical way. It also integrates spectral mixture analysis and spectral deformulation capabilities directly into the interface.
- Streamlined spectral processing and IR and Raman functional group analyses – The new layout combines previously separate applications for each technique into a smart application that can recognize file type.
- IR Spectra Classification for Designer Drugs – New psychoactive substances (NPS) remain a significant challenge for practitioners. Researchers can submit an unknown spectrum for quick classification using Wiley’s new IR Designer Drug Models. Compound classes include: Amphetamines, Anabolic Steroids, Barbiturates, Benzodiazepines, Cannabinoids, Cathinones, Cocaine-Type Substances, Opioids, Phencyclidine-Type Substances, Phenethylamines, Piperazines, Steroids, Tryptamines.
- Enhanced Simultaneous Multi-Technique Search – KnowItAll improves the ability to search unknown spectra from disparate multiple technique spectra simultaneously and visualize the results on a scatter plot. This feature allows users to gain more insight into their samples by using complementary instrument techniques to confirm and orthogonally validate results.
- Increased Chemical Intelligence with NEW Related Compounds View – This version increases insight into analyses by further exploring a fuller view of compounds related to scientific results. This view interconnects all available reference data by structure, name, synonym, and CAS registry number to add an exceptional level of chemical intelligence to the entire platform.
- DEA Controlled Substance Prediction – Users can match a structure with Drug Enforcement Agency 21 CFR Regulations on controlled substances.
- Enhanced Structure Drawing – New tools make it easier to move, highlight, and select objects. It also includes a more comprehensive set of pre-defined substituent fragments and expanded “fuzzy” structure representation features.
KNOWITALL and CHEMWINDOW are trademarks of John Wiley & Sons, Inc. in certain jurisdictions. Learn more about Wiley’s KnowItAll Software and Spectral Libraries at sciencesolutions.wiley.com.
About KnowItAll Software
KnowItAll Software offers solutions to analyze and manage multiple types of spectral and chemical data in multiple file and instrument formats. KnowItAll’s integrated toolsets eliminate the need for multiple software packages and increase overall lab efficiency. Combined with the world’s largest spectral reference database—including Wiley’s renowned Sadtler Standard libraries and spectra from trusted partners—KnowItAll gives chemists the most advanced technology available for spectral analysis and chemical structure drawing. Learn more at sciencesolutions.wiley.com.
About KnowItAll Spectral Databases
Researchers use spectral search software along with spectral databases to identify unknown substances and verify the composition of materials in hundreds of applications and industries. First, precision instruments measure a substance and produce a spectrum, which is expressed as a graph showing a series of peaks that is specific to the sample material. That spectrum is then compared to a reference database of the measured spectra of known substances using sophisticated search algorithms. If a matching spectrum is found, the material in question can be identified. Wiley’s KnowItAll solutions provide search software tools, as well as the world’s most extensive collection of reference spectra used in this type of analysis. Learn more at sciencesolutions.wiley.com.
Wiley drives the world forward with research and education. Through publishing, platforms and services, we help students, researchers, universities, and corporations to achieve their goals in an ever-changing world. For more than 200 years, we have delivered consistent performance to all of our stakeholders. The Company’s website can be accessed at www.wiley.com.