Don’t you wish you could:
- Enjoy a zero alcohol beer without compromising on taste or the experience
- Pour a brew after a workout and know there’s zero sugar and only 50 calories
- Savor the light and crisp taste of Budweiser on any occasion
Unlike most everything else in 2020, this is one wish that has come true – because Budweiser Zero is here, serving up everything you love about a Bud – now with zero alcohol and zero sugar.
As more and more people are making moderation, health and wellness a priority in their lives, it’s no wonder no- and low-alcohol beers will grow from $13.5 billion in 2013 to a forecasted $25 billion in 2024* in the US alone. But one thing that hasn’t changed? Outdated perceptions about drinking alcohol-free beers – and Bud Zero hopes to change that.
“Now that beer’s most iconic brand is in the game, we aim to eliminate the stigma about zero alcohol products by putting Bud Zero out there, among disciplined athletes and consumers who want to enjoy the taste of beer without compromising a busy or active life. Bud Zero is the same iconic Budweiser taste and experience our consumers have known and loved for more than a century, just without alcohol,” said Monica Rustgi, vice president of marketing for Budweiser.
And if authentic flavor isn’t enough to nudge you, here are 7 other reasons why Budweiser Zero is a smart drinking choice you should know about.
- Dwyane Wade is a founding partner. Even with his retirement from the NBA, D. Wade is still on his game and juggling many other roles: entrepreneur, father, mentor and advocate. And now, Bud Zero founding partner. He’s been a true collaborator throughout the entire development process, helping design the core attributes of Bud Zero, including the sleek packaging.
- It’s Anheuser Busch’s first 0.0% alcohol brew. Surprisingly, most “no-alcohol” beers have some alcohol in them – but not Bud Zero – our proprietary de-alcoholization technique makes this beverage truly alcohol-free.
- When we say natural, we mean it. Budweiser has over a century of brewing heritage that never uses artificial flavors, colors or dyes – and Bud Zero is no exception. Our world-class brewers are still using Budweiser’s iconic beechwood aging process and natural hops, barley, and malt to give our golden lager its distinctive taste and crisp refreshment.
- Bud Zero is racking up a lot of ‘firsts’. The brand played a key role in first-to-market, drive-in concerts with Live Nation and 1st LIVE, giving people a safe and physically distanced experience with Bud Zero and an alcohol-free night out. Since launching in the US at the end of July, the campaign has generated nearly 1,000 media stories and reached nearly 742 million people.
- It’s helping reach bigger goals. Budweiser Zero is the latest addition to AB InBev’s growing portfolio of low- and no-alcohol products, supporting our Smart Drinking Goals and ongoing commitment to reducing the harmful use of alcohol.
- Bud Zero is fast becoming a staple in pro sports. Athletes and consumers alike are turning to this 50-calorie brew when they need to stay on their game. Pro golfer Kevin Kisner, NBA stars Udonis Haslem and Jamario Moon, Major League Baseball’s Aaron Barrett and soccer star Sinclaire Miramontez are among the famous faces already spotted enjoying a Bud Zero between games!
- It’s crossing borders (even if we can’t). Bud Zero is now available in the U.S., UK and Canada, and will make its way later this year to Russia, Ukraine and the Middle East. Cheers to that!
* Source: Global Market Insights